Team Jesus Ministries Membership Form
Read the Information and Fill Out the Form Below
**Please Fill Out the Entire Form**
Everyone who serves at Team Jesus Ministries must:
(Kila mtu anayehudumu kwenye Timu Yesu lazima:)
(Tous ceux qui servent au sein de Team Jesus Ministries doivent:)
- Be born again and have a clear testimony (Uwe umezaliwa upya na uwe na ushuhuda mzuri)(Naître de nouveau et avoir un témoignage clair)
- Honor Jesus Christ as the number one priority in your life(Kumheshimu Yesu Kristo kama kipaumbele cha kwanza katika maisha yako)(Honorez Jésus-Christ comme la priorité numéro un dans votre vie)
- Attend Church services regularly (Hudhuria huduma za kanisa kila mara)(Assister régulièrement aux services religieux)
- Be reliable, dependable, committed (Uwe mwenye kuaminika, anayeaminika,kutegemewa na unayejitoa)(Soyez fiable, fiable, engagé)
- Agree with Team Jesus Statement of Faith with no reservations (Uwe unakubaliana na Imani ya Team Jesus Statement bila kusita)(Je suis d’accord avec la déclaration de la foi de Team Jesus sans réserve)
These are given to be taught as a new believers class , that we may all speak the same language:
- That God is ONE ( Duet 6:4; Eph 4:6; Isaiah 43:10-11, Isaiah 44:6; 1 Cor 8:6; James 2:19; Romans 3:30 ; Sovereign ( Duet 32:39, Ps 103:19; Ps 135:6; Col 1:17: Eph 1:11, Job 42:2) and He is Eternal (1 Tim 1:17; Rev 1:8; Duet 32:40; Gen 21:33; Ps 90:2 and He revels Himself in three Manifestations or persons (Matt 28:19: Matt 3:16,17: 1 Cor 12:4-6) Father (1 Cor 8:6; Ephesians 3:14, 4:6; John 20:17, Son (John 10:30; John 14:9-10; Col 2:9) Holy Spirit (Acts 5:3-4; John 4:24; 1 Tim 1:17; 2 Cor 3:17)
- That Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God ( John 3:16: 1 Tim 2:5-7; John 8:39-40) He was the First fruits of many Sons (1 Cor 15:20; Col 1:15); that He was conceived of the Holy Spirit ( Mt 1:18-20) born of a virgin ( Luke 1:34-35) ; lived a sinless life (He 4:15; 1 Peter 2:22; 1 John 3:5;); died a substitutionary death (2 Cor 5:21: 1 John 2:1-2; 1 Peter 3:18; Ephesians 5:2; Romans 8:3); He arose the grave Bodily on the third day ( Lu 24:39; 1 Cor 15:3-4Luke 24:5-7: Acts 1:3); and ascended to the right hand of God Acts 2:32-33; Psalms 110:1; Eph 1:22; He 1:13)
- That the Holy Spirit is God. (john 4:24; Acts 5:3-4; Isaiah 66:1, 1 Kings 8:27, Acts 7:48,49; John 14:10, John 14: 16,17; John 14:20; Acts 17:24; col 2:9; Eph 3:19) and personality is attributed to Him (John 16:13-14; Eph 4:30, 1 Thes 5:19: 1 Cor 2:10-11; 1 Cor 12:11; Rom 8:26-27; Neh 9:20; Gal 4:6 )
- The Holy Bible is the Inspired Word of God ( 2 Tim 3:15-17; Job 32:8) Church authority comes from the Scriptures (1 Cor 10:11; 2 Pet 1:21; luke4:7; Matt 15:4; Acts 28:25)
- That Man was created in the likeness of God ( Gen 1:26, 5:1; 9:6 ; 1 Cor 11:7; James 3:9; Col 1:15 ; 3:10 ) That the first man Adam disobeyed God. and through that one man’s sin, all men are made sinners (Rom. 5: I 2-2 I; Gen 3:6; Rom 6:23; Gen 2:17; gen 3:19, 22-24) and are totally depraved (Rom. 3:10-12; Rom 3:23, 7:18-21; 1 John 1:8-10).
- That justification before God is by grace through faith (Rom. 3:24; Rom. 5:1; Eph. 2:8; 1 John 1:9 ). That the New Birth is that event whereby we are begotten again by God unto a living hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead (I Pet. 1 :3, 23 ; 1 Peter 2:2; John 1:13; John 3:3-8, James 1:18; 1 John 5:1,4,18 ).
- That the believer is kept by the power of God (Jn. 10:28; I Pet. 1 :3-5; Isaiah 54:17; Pro 2:8; Ps 125: 1-2; john 4:14, 5:24, 10: 28-30, ).
- That the believer is empowered to be a witness unto Jesus Christ by the Holy Spirit coming upon him (Acts 1:8; 2:4; 4:31; 6:8; Zech 4:6; Luke 10:19).
- That the Church is the Body of Christ of which He is the Head (Col. 1:18; 2:10-14, 1 Cor 11:3; Eph 1:10,22,23; 4:15-16; 5:23); that it is comprised of every born again believer from Pentecost to the Translation (Acts l :5; I Cor. 12: 13-14, 27; Col 1:24, 2 :19, 3:15; Eph 5:30 ); that every individual believer is himself a priest unto God (I Pet. 2:5, 9; Isaiah 61:6; Ex 19:5-6; Rev. 1 :6).
- That the gifts of the Holy Spirit are present in and available to the Church today, and are distributed to that Body according as its Head wills (Rom. 11:29; 12:6-8; Mal 3:6; joel 2:28; I Cor. 12:3-11; Eph. 4:7-16; Mal 25:15).
- That there will be two literal and bodily resurrections-( Dan 12:2-3; Act 24:15; Matt 25:31-36; Jn. 5:28-29; 2 Tim 4:1; 1 Cor 15:20-23 } the first of the saved unto eternal happiness ( luke 20:35; Phil 3:11, the second of the lost unto eternal punishment in the lake of fire (Rev. 20:4-6; Rev 20:11-15).
- That there will be a second coming of Jesus Christ (Jn. 14: 1-3); that it will be visible and bodily ( Matt 24:30; Mark 13:26, 1 Thess 1:10, 4:16 ; 2 Thess 1:7-10; Acts 1:11; Rev 1:7 ).
- That all believers are one in Christ and there exists no division in that Body in the mind of God and there should therefore be none in ours (Jn. 17:22; I Cor. 12:12-17,27 ; Gal 3:16; Eph. 4:4’12’ 15, 16; Col 3:15).
- That the shedding of blood has been, from the fall, and will be to the end of time. God’s only provision for the cleansing from sin (Lev. 17: 11; Heb. 9:22; I Jn. 1 :7); and that all the Old Testament sacrifices of animals could not remove sin (Heb. 10:4); but prefigured the blood of Jesus Christ shed on the cross (Col. l :20; 2: 17).
- That water baptism (Mt. 28: 19); and the Lord’s Supper (I Cor. 10: I 6-17; I Cor. 11 :23-26); are to be observed as ordinances.
- That Satan is a person, the author of sin and the cause of the Fall of Man; that he is the open and declared enemy of God and man; and that he shall be eternally punished in the Lake of Fire; that he has no power or authority over the child of God except as it is given him by God Himself (Job 1 :6; 2:6; Isa. 14:12-17; Matt. 4:2-11; 25:41; Rev. 20:10).
- That God ordained and created all authority consisting of three basic institutions;1) the home; 2) the church; and 3) the state.Every person is subject to these authorities, but all (including the authorities themselves) are answerable to God and governed by His Word. God has given each institution specific, Biblical responsibilities and balanced those responsibilities with the understanding that no institution has the right to infringe upon the other. The home, the church, and the state are equal and sovereign in their respective Biblically assigned spheres of responsibility under God (Rom. 13: 1-7; Eph.5 :22-24; Heb. 13: 17; I Pet. 2: 13-14).
- That God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. (Gen 1 :26-27.) Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person.
- We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive covenant union, as delineated in Scripture. (Gen 2: 18-25.) We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other. (l Cor. 6:18; 7:2-5; Heb. 13:4.) We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman. We believe that any form of sexual immorality (including adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, and use of pornography) is sinful and offensive to God. (Matt 15:18-20; 1Cor 6:9-10)
- We believe that in order to preserve the function and integrity of Team Jesus Ministries as the local Body of Christ, and to provide a biblical role model to the members Team Jesus and the community, it is imperative that all persons licensed or employed by Team Jesus Ministries in any capacity, or who serve as volunteers, agree to and abide by this Statement on Marriage, Gender, and Sexuality. (Matt. 5:16; Phil. 2:14-16; 1 Thess. 5:22; 1 Cor 5:1-2)
- We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ. (Acts 3:19-21; Rom. 10:9-10; 1 Cor. 6:9-11.)
- We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness. respect, and dignity. (Mark12:28-31; Luke 6:31.) Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture nor the doctrines of Grace Life Fellowships. ( Gen. 19:5, 13; Gen. 26:8-9; Lev. 18:1-30; Rom. I :26-29; I Cor. 5: 11 ; I Thes. 4: 1-8; Matt 18:17; 2Thess 3:6,14; Romans 16:10).
- That Christians are discouraged from bringing civil lawsuits against other Christians or the church to resolve personal disputes. We believe the church possesses all the resources necessary to resolve personal disputes between members (I Cor. 6:1-8; Eph. 4:31-32).
- That every Christian, as a steward of that portion of God’s wealth entrusted to him, is obligated to support his local church financially. We believe that God has established the tithe as a basis for giving but that every Christian should also give other offerings sacrificially and cheerfully to the support of the church, the relief of those in need, and the spread of the Gospel ( Matt 5:17; Mal 3:8-12; Lev 27:30-34; Mark 12:41-44; Neh 10:35-37,Duet 12:5-6; Gen 14:19-20 ). We believe that a Christian relinquishes all personal rights to the gift and relinquishes all personal rights to direct the gift, offering or tithe once it has been given ( 2 Cor. 8:1- 5; 9:6-9; Lk. 16:10-13; Acts 6:1-3).
- That a Christian should live a holy separated life (II Cor. 6:17-18; II Cor. 7:1; Eph. 5:1-6, 9). We engage to maintain family and private devotions; to educate our children; to seek the salvation of our kindred, acquaintances, and all others; to walk circumspectly in the world. (Col 3:1-3)
- We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life. (Ps 139:13-18)
- That a congregation functions as a body under the Headship of the Lord Jesus Christ and the direction of the Elders as the under shepherds. Membership in this Fellowship does not afford those individuals with any property, contract, or civil rights based on principles of democratic government. Determination of the internal affairs of churches in Team Jesus Ministries are ecclesiastical matters and shall be determined exclusively by the Church’s own rules and procedures.
AUTHORITY OF STATEMENT OF FAITH:
The Doctrinal Statement does notexhaust the extent of our faith. The Bible itself is the sole andfinal source of all that we believe. We do believe, however, that theforegoing Doctrinal Statement accurately represents the teaching ofthe Bible, and therefore, should be embraced by all members.
Team Jesus Ministries Membership Covenant
Having been led by the Spirit of God to receive Jesus Christ as our Lord & Savior, and, on the profession of our faith and baptism in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, we do now, in the presence of God, most solemnly and joyfully enter into covenant with one another as one body in Christ .By God’s grace through the power of His enabling Holy Spirit, I will do my best to joyfully…
- worship God as Father, Son & Holy Spirit as three Persons, yet one God
- submit to the authority of the Scriptures (Psalms 119, 2 Timothy 3:14-17, 2 Peter 1:19-21)
- help the Grace Life family grow in the knowledge of the Lord (1 Thessalonians 2:7)
- walk in Christian love (Ephesians 5:2), dedicating ourselves to holiness (Hebrews 12:4, 1Peter 1:13-16) & disciplined Christian living (1Corinthians 5:9-13, 9:27, Psalms 141:5, Matthew 18:15-20, Hebrews 12:5-11)
- walk carefully in the world (Ephesians 5:15, James 4:4)
- be just in our dealings (Micah 6:8)
- be faithful in our engagements (Luke 16:10, Matthew 25:23)
- be exemplary in our behavior (Romans 12:2), confess sin to God & fellow believers, repent & seek help from the Body of Christ in putting my sin to death (Romans 8:13, Colossians 3:5, James 5:16, 1 John 1:6-10)
- avoid all gossip (Proverbs 11:13, 16:28, 26:20), backbiting (James 4:11-12, Ephesians 4:29) and excessive anger (Ephesians 4:26,31)
- seek God’s help in abstaining from illegal drugs, and any food or drink practices that may bring unwarranted harm to the Body of Christ or jeopardize our own or another’s faith (Ephesians 5:18, Proverbs 20:1, Galatians 5:19-21,Romans 1:28-32,13:13, 1 Corinthians 6:19-20, James 3:3-18)
- live in Christian sympathy to the trials & difficulties of others ( 1 Peter 3.8, Ephesians 4:32, Matthew 5:7, Romans 12:15)
- be courteous in speech (Colossians 4:6)
- be slow to take offense (James 1:19), eager for reconciliation and mindful to secure reconciliation without delay as directed by our Savior who gave His life to reconcile us to God (Matthew 5:9,23-24, Matthew 18:15, and 2 Corinthians 5:18-19)
- educate our children in the Christian faith (Proverbs 22:6, Deuteronomy 6:6-7)
- pray for one another (James 5:16, 1Timothy 2:1)
- physically, prayerfully and financially support the ministries of Your church family (Hebrews 10:23-25, Ephesians 6:18, 1 Corinthians 16:1-2, Acts 2:42-47, Titus 3:14, Matthew 25:14-30, Romans 12:1-2, 2 Corinthians 8:9, 1 Peter 4:10-11)
- help spread the Gospel to all personally, locally, and globally (Matthew 28:19-20)